In July of 1957 Theodore Zahos Migrated to Melbourne via the military USS General W.C.Langfitt (AP-151). Opened his first Fish’N’Chips shop in 1959. He worked for a stall holder in south Melbourne Market which eventually took over and called it Theo’s Fresh Fish. At twelve years old Angelo Zahos began working at Theo’s with his father. Angelo’s sister and her husband Petro also worked at Theo’s with their father.
In the early 90’s Aptus Seafood Bar and Grill was introduced in the South Melbourne Food court and Aptus name was born. Since then Angelo and Petro have taken the name Aptus to the next level, have opened the New! Oyster Bar and Seafood Grill.