Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is very important to us. Aptus Seafoods Pty Ltd is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information. We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
Collection of Your Personal Information
The types of personal information Aptus Seafoods will collect and use includes:
• Contact details (including email address, telephone number(s), residential and delivery
• Information to identify you;
• Payment and transaction details/history;
• Records of your communications and interactions with us (including email and telephone); and
• Details/history of purchases, preferences, interests and behaviour relating to transactions, products, services and activity with our digital services.
We collect and hold your personal information so that we can perform our business functions. For instance, we may collect and use your personal information to enable you to participate in our promotional activities or to assist us in answering your queries.
Information about your computer hardware and software is also automatically collected by us when you use our website. This information can include your IP address, browser type, access times and/or referring website addresses. This information is used by us for the operation of the website, the services offered on the website and to maintain the quality of the services offered on the website.
Purposes for handling personal information
We handle your personal information in connection with providing, administering, improving and personalising our products and services, and to support our business functions. This can include:
• To manage your requests for products and services, including delivery, processing payments, providing discounts;
• To register and service your account, including keeping your information up‐to‐date, and verifying your identity;
• To communicate with you about our products, services and promotions (including direct marketing);
• To help us improve our products and services, including conducting product and market research;
• To improve our operational processes to enhance your customer experience;
• To respond to your feedback, queries or concerns;
• To our third-party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you; and
• As otherwise required or permitted by law.
Using personal information, we endeavour to improve our understanding of your interests, suitability and behaviour in relation to products, services and offers. We may provide marketing communications and targeted advertising to you on an ongoing basis by telephone, electronic messages (e.g. email), digital services and other means unless you opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com
Security of Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is stored in a manner that protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. However, no data transmission via the internet is completely secure. Any Personal Information you sent to us over the internet is sent at your own risk. When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information.
Access and correction of your personal information
The accuracy of your Personal Information is important to us. If you wish to access or correct any personal information held by us, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When making an access request, please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve it. Under the Privacy Act and other relevant laws, we are required to provide a written response outlining our reasons if we refuse your request.
Policy updates and contact